Episode 56: The Effects of Part-Time Employment on Your Retirement
For federal employees, there are many aspects of financially preparing for retirement, and when you have worked part-time, it can become much more complicated.
In this episode, Dan Sipe and Ed Zurndorfer discuss the various impacts of part-time employment on your retirement plan and explain where you may be losing money from past employment situations.
Dan and Ed Discuss:
- The effects of part-time employment on your ability and timeline for retirement
- The difference between a permanent part-time employee and a temporary employee
- When it is too late to get credit for part-time work as a federal employee
- What is going to happen to your FERS annuity with part-time employment
- How the OPM calculates what you are entitied to receive after retirement
- And more
Listen on Spotify
Like and Subscribe on YouTube:
“Securities offered through Raymond James Financial Services, Inc., member FINRA/SIPC. Investment advisory services offered through Raymond James Financial Services Advisors, Inc. Lee, Sipe & Associates, Inc. is not a registered broker/dealer and is independent of Raymond James. Content represents the opinions of the speaker and not necessarily those of Raymond James. Important Disclosure Information: http://raymondjames.com/smicd.htm.